As we all are familiar with mobile technology, I wouldn’t waste your time. Over the year, the usage of mobile phone and the application we issue with it have risen to unbelievable stats. With continued growth in the digital era, we would see around 4 million application by end of the year (2019).
It doesn’t matter how many applications are available for the user. What matter is that, are user happy with app performance? If not, why do user uninstall application on the third day? These questions are rising in the market. I know, you are also looking for the same answers. Here, in this blog, I am gone write about Mobile app Usability Problems and how to solve them. Let’s get started with the mobile app usability checklist…
If you go to an IT provider, they will say, we will give you a complete application up and running at this cost and within this time. Now, you will be very happy to hear this, but from them, you won’t get the customer-oriented application as they mainly focus on the technology part. This type of applications are most likely to be uninstalled at any point in time because of apps with bad usability. Here user doesn’t need your application to meet their needs. They would prefer your competitors if they are providing better features in the app. What can we do keep the engagement of the customers?If you go to an IT provider, they will say, we will give you a complete application up and running at this cost and within this time. Now, you will be very happy to hear this, but from them, you won’t get the customer-oriented application as they mainly focus on the technology part. This type of applications are most likely to be uninstalled at any point in time because of apps with bad usability. Here user doesn’t need your application to meet their needs. They would prefer your competitors if they are providing better features in the app. What can we do keep the engagement of the customers?
Let’s make mobile app usability checklist, this checklist will help us to understand what things are necessary for the mobile application. Things that really matter for the user are…
- UX/UI at the best level. If you have a good design and attractive application, then you have a good chance to engage the user.
- Performance – Well, this is probably the second most important thing when you are developing an application. The user always looks for faster solutions and results, if your application is taking much time to respond then the user is going to uninstall the application.
- Security – promising your customer that you have taken the best major to secure the data; this won’t help you. You should show them your mobile application is secure and how you keep user data secure.
- Functionality and Features – Always compare your app with the competitors in the market. This will help you find out what new features you can add. This will also help you use to choose new features for your application.
- Technology stack – What technology you use to develop the application differs the most. Every technology comes with different features and advantages. I would suggest you to opt for cross-platform application, you can read more about this in my earlier blog.
Things don’t come easier when you have ideas, do they? I hope not, to follow your checklist you need to define is each point to the best and to do this, you need usability guidelines for mobile apps development. This guidelines are basic but require resources and your valuable time.
Guidelines for Mobile Apps Development – (note and gather data)
- Remember why you developing an application. This will help you plan out the whole thing
- Understanding your user – This will help you in choosing design and features for the application.
- Targeting a specific audience – Not everyone needs your services. Be specific when you are approaching user to download your application.
- Comparing Apps – This will add amazing features to your application.
- Choosing the best IT partner – Do business with IT Company that not only develop an application but also understand your business nature. They will help you chose the right technology
- Choosing the best design available in the market
- Focus on backend and frontend equally
- Add an attractive call to actions
- Check scalability on different platform and devices
- Allot maximum time for testing and then marketing
- Have a pre-plan ready
As well know, the first impression is the last impress. If you don’t like the way things are presented, you probably won’t buy it; the same goes for the mobile app too.
The design you should consider when you are developing an application.
- The flow in the application - Sitemap
- Easy redirection and proper menu
- Attractive transitions
- Font style
- Call to actions buttons
- Add AI and ML into your application - This will remember repeated things for the customer
- Toggles for features
If you are able to add above things to your application then there are no chances for bad usability and you don’t have to worry about a thing. The only thing that matter is a user. When your user doesn’t find the purpose of having your application, they would definitely delete your application even you are providing the best services. So the best way to avoid this kind of situation is to keep updating your application and try to add new features and updates whenever possible.
One of the mobile app best practices is launching a beta version and taking a review from a beta user. This will help you to collect application errors and their review.
The application is not only for showing your services, but you also have to very précis about everything that you put in an application. As this represents your business and how you connect with your audience. So, when you are developing a mobile application don’t get too much clearheaded. In place of depending on developers, you can also concentrate on designing part and functionalities you want in the mobile app. There are no specific guidelines for your application, you just have to decide the best things for your application. Take time to design and more time to test.